Translate

Monday 9 December 2013

The legend, Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela

Nelson Mandela on the eve of his 90th birthday in Johannesburg in May 2008

Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, the first black South African president, has passed away peacefully on Thursday 5th September. He was the first black South African president, and was an anti - apartheid activist and was imprisoned for being a representative for black people. As a black kid, I think it's very wrong to be put in prison against civil rights. 27 years of his lie was spent in prison, and while serving his time, her developed an illness. Eventually after 2.5 gruelling decades in 1990, he was released and many celebrated on the streets of Johannesburg.
Nelson has always been my hero and if he wasn't in prison then maybe he would have lived longer. If someone stood up for me and my rights, I would give them the upmost respect. This is why I respect Nelson Mandela. He fought for the freedom of black people. If he weren't alive, no black person would be respected or treated fairly.
Heaven has found another angel!
R.I.P Mandela, may your spirit rest peacefully, and may God guide you through afterlife. You will always stay in minds, and keep a place in our hearts. We will miss you and you are the reason we are free today.

No comments:

Post a Comment